Zecharia Madar is working as professor at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem in department of food Science and Nutrition. He received his
Ph.D. in Biochemistry from
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He was awarded prize in excellence from the "Geura Yashensky” Foundation of the Hebrew University. He is the
Editor-in-Chief, Nutritional Section "HRAREFUAH" Journal of the Israel Medical Association and member of the editorial board of the “Journal of Food and Nutrition”
Main Research Interests:
- Prevention of cancer and diabetes by dietary fibers and functional foods.
Dietary manipulations and their effects on transcription factors, protein activity and expression.
- Effect of antioxidants and phytochemical rich plant extracts in diabetes. Nitric oxide synthase in various metabolic disorders (diabetes, asthma).
- Effect of olive oil on breast cancer development in mothers and offspring.
- Diet and insulin signaling pathways.
- Lipotoxicity and redox balance in the liver (hypatocytes) and macrophages.